Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Religion, Spirituality and Superstition

There's a thin line between these and is defined by every individual.. Me, I consider myself religious, which includes morning prayers (thou i take Sundays off, thats cause I get up in evening :), special prayers on Tuesdays and a few temple visits every now and then. I believe in God, her power and agree that "Thou shall ripe the fruit of thy doing", needless to say am a God fearing man.
Same person and there's a different side of me, I listen to R&B and Hip Hop more often than any other forms of musik (and you know what the shit that is), I never picked up my JanamKundali and don’t believe future can be written on paper, I believe in Karma and that each of us is "Self Made". I don’t believe marriages are made in Heaven and don’t think there's Good or Bad Luck, even though I wish everyone a good luck just to see smile on their face.
I still haven't figured out spiritual side of me and thats what confuses me, and get more confused when i meet people who are supposedly spiritual, using spirituality as an excuse to shy away from truth and responsibilities, a reason to run away from reality. Real nightmare is when I think about spirituality bridging gap between Religion and Superstition. I could be wrong, and I wish I am wrong, bit I still have to figure it out.

No comments: